Labels

Monday, June 27, 2011

Brand New

I woke up to the sun caressing my arms and face,
It’s soft voice spoke out “These are careless days!”
“I will melt away the snow carrying your faults and defeat,
these rays will cleanse and rebuild replacing gray with green.”
For months my sheets held captive this body needing repair,
now the medicine is in the earth, the sun, the trees, the sky, the air.
I’ll skip my morning rituals so I can get to you in haste,
run weightless through the crowded streets not a second more, I’ll waste.
Your door stands lacking emotion, you bring life to the entryway,
I brought for you the sun, puddles left by winter hell, and a new day.
As I grab your wrist you smile ready for the spring to bind us closer,
we’ll run as we years before, forgetting to grow older.
The east holds nothing for us, so we’ll only travel west
inviting the sun to light the path of something more adventurous.
Your eyes reflect forgiveness that’s bleeding for me to accept
that there is no chance of regretfulness, only love lacking contempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment