Labels

Monday, July 25, 2011

Effortless Easyflow

And I think it's quite easy,
I hope I'm not being lazy.
Perhaps what's right, doesn't always require such work?

Because there's this image in my head that I can't seem to shake,
I'm walking up your wooden stairs trying to figure out what to expect
I see your face, and I don't expect anything.

You smile and tell me you like my dress,
I turn into an Arnold Palmer of emotions at once
and all that I can think about is enjoying Otis Redding with you

All I want to do is just sit with you while my iced cappuccino melts
hear you talk about this amazing bike trip across the country.

I'll mostly smile because I don't know much about fixed gears,
I'll wish that I did.
only for the sake of understanding and probably joining you
and not so much for the fact that I could impress you with my knowledge

For some reason with you it's so easy,
and I really hope that I'm not being lazy
this thing seems entirely right.

You once told me you didn't believe in marriage,
and now you're thinking about things you won't say out loud
and I usually do the same when I know my thoughts are too soon.

I heard you say something
"what did you say?"
"Oh, nothing."
"Just say it"
"No. It's probably too soon."

And usually I'm not right about a lot of things,
but I was just right about that.
Lately, I've been very right about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment